You will have the unique opportunity to live with an American family for a year and become involved with their children and with the local church. You will be able to freely enjoy the American culture and have free time at the end to explore America further if you wish. We ensure you get all of the legal benefits of your au pair year. It is important to be aware that to be an au pair in America it is only legal to go through a government-recognised agent. We liaise with two of these agents so you are reassured of our ethical arrangements. It is not possible to become an au pair in the USA without using a recognised agency.
Benefits / This is included
- A direct weekly payment from the host family of at least $195.75
- Two weeks paid vacation; one full weekend off per month
- Sundays free for Church
- A $500 educational allowance
- Private room and full board
- Medical insurance
- Three day comprehensive arrival orientation in Florida
- Regularly scheduled social and cultural activities with other au pairs
- International flight ticket to the USA
- Domestic flight to local area of host family
- 24 hour support with local agent and Christian au pairs
- ISIC Card
- Return flight ticket if year is completed.
RequirementsYou must be able to fulfil all of the requirements below. Make sure you are happy with these before you apply.
The US program is completely regulated by the government. This means that all Au Pairs must meet the below requirements.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26
- Have graduated from secondary school
- Have passed a criminal background check
- Be proficient in English
- Have sufficient verifiable babysitting experience
- Pass a psychometric/personality test and undergo a personal interview
- registration fee of £30,interview fee of £120, final matching fee of £250
- Be able to commit for one year.
Other countries are also possible. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some African countries cannot get visas for the USA.